Monday, March 26, 2012

Music Video Monday: The Black Keys, Howlin' For You

The Rundown
Yes, I know this is not an educational video nor one that you would usually think of when thinking of your little person, however my little rock star in the making (I'm not kidding when i say this...he loves, loves, loves rocking out on his guitar, which is actually a ukelele, has the perfect rock star stance and carries his pick and/or one of his three guitar ornaments with him wherever we go. His favorite store in the mall is the guitar store and given the choice of a stuffy or a guitar pick, he will choose a pick to add to his ever growing collection. He also stops at random spots when we are out and about to play an impromptu concert) adores this song. I think this past weekend we must have listened to this song and watch this video, while he made his Dad and I dance in the kitchen, at least ten times in a row. Aiden will also request this one by name when he says "Black Keys...da da da da da song".
My Little Rock Star

Ok, so what's it about, you ask. Well, simply put, it's a song by the band The Black Keys about a guy who's pining over a girl.

Like I said, not very educational but great tune nonetheless.

Why We Love It
Umm, well, The Black Keys...enough said I think!

Creative Extensions
I must admit that coming up with creative projects relating to this video is a bit tricky but I'll give it my best shot...
1. Turn up the music, grab your guitars (real, toy or air) and rock out.
2. Make some keys out of cardboard and decorate them with various craft supplies. Take your keys on an adventure and see what they will open.
3. Change the lyrics of the song to lyrics that suit everyday activities with your little person, for example:
I must admit, I must explain
That before we go play in the rain
Baby, we need to put our jackets on
Da da da da da
Da da da da da
4. Go to the library and look at books about animals that howl. When you get home make props for a shadow play about wolves howling at the moon. Rehearse your show and perform it for the other loved ones in your house.

The Video


Happy howlin'
Creatively yours,
Maya:)

No comments:

Post a Comment